Friday, July 23, 2010

Wooly Weekend - Part 1

Well last Friday we loaded ourselves in the car and set off on our 'Wooly Weekend'.  


The Bendigo Sheep and Wool show was on and we decided to rent a house for the weekend and have a girly weekend away.  Friday night we went out for dinner and then on Saturday we hit the show. There was so much to see and so much I wanted to buy.


This is a vintage sock knitting machine.  It was amazing to watch how quickly she could knit up a sock.
 

The largest 'kniting Nancy' I have ever seen.
I just loved watching the spinners create their colourful yarn.



Juliet was there with her wonderful goodies from '
The Craft Circle
If you are in Melbourne have a look at her new shop at -  
    52 Williamstown Rd
  • Seddon. She has a great range of crafty goodness including hand dyed felt, yarn, craft kits and lots of other items to help you indulge your crafty desires.



But we must not forget the stars to the show



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that sock knitting machines existed. I really want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember how old it is but it was just fantastic. She did say that there are new ones you can get, but I didn't get any details.

    ReplyDelete