Friday, June 1, 2012

Finished Friday

I thought it was about time I shared some of my recently finished projects.
The latest is my Sage Blouse, a wonderful free pattern from Yellowcosmo. I have wanted to make this for a while and I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I must admit after finishing the Morrish Lace pattern things did get a bit dull.  I hate doing stocking stitch, but it is good for knitting with friends over coffee when chatting can put you off your pattern.

I got this lovely yarn in a Ravelry destash. It's Louisa Harding Aimée, a blend of cotton and cashmere and very soft but beware, it is very pilly.

My other recent project was done as a favor for a friend.  She wanted mitts for her daughter because she catches the train to school and her hands have been cold on these cold Melbourne mornings. 
I didn't really have a pattern but you can see how I made them on my project page here on Ravelry. I used a 2 x 2 rib because I couldn't try them on the wearer as I went and I knew rib would make them fit a few different sizes.

This was the first time I had used Noro and I must say I now understand what all the fuss is about.  It's lovely to work with and the colours are just wonderful.  I had some yarn left over so I also made a cowl. I used another free pattern called Darkside Cowl by Sarah Fama. Fantastic pattern resulting in a nice stretchy cowl which is able to be worn in a variety of ways. 
Looking at the two together you wouldn't even think they had come from the same ball of yarn.




What have you finished lately?

2 comments:

  1. I guess I need to try Noro yarn sometime, that colorway is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, try it! The colourway is fantastic, so much variation.

      Delete