Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vintage Sewing

Making a pencil roll for my daughter has been on my list of must do jobs for quite a while. Well I finally got around to it the other day.  I actually made two, one for her pencils and one for her crayons.  The crayon roll was whisked off to school before I even got a chance to take a photo so I cant share it with you.

I used some left-over denim I have had laying around for years and some vintage cotton drill which I picked up for a couple of dollars at a garage sale months ago.  The binding and ribbon was from my stash of trims. 

The crayon roll is essentially the same but it has places for stick crayon along one edge and block crayons along the other. 

I love it when I can make something new without having to spend any money at all.

I used wide cotton bias tape to finish all the edges.




These pencils are smaller (thinner) than the ones she uses at school.
I'm really happy with the result. What do you think, what have you made lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment